Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Keeping Up With The Techs (Or Apps Or Whateverfancy)

Yep you name it; twitter, facebook, instragram, linkedin, iTunes, Siri, blackberry messenger, pinterest, etc.. Those things... I don't know how to categorise them, can we say it some sort of technology or it simply is an application, but you get what I mean..

It seems like today our social communication tools are bounded between those 'apps', 'accounts', or whatever they named them. How are we keeping up with all those advanced technologies updates while there are so many of them?

It interests me since this couple of years I frequently  got an invitation from a few friends whose in linkedin and some other social websites. I'm not in there and despite I know the advantages I still haven't found the interest to be in yet. I don't have a twitter account and I don't play instagram. But then I notice that most of the people are in those little clubs, that reminds me a few years ago while most of my friends were using blackberry and using blackberry messenger to chat and I didn't, I was the one who would be the last to hear any news. Even worse, they even forgot to wish me merry christmas and happy new year because I wasn't on the list of their blackberry messenger! Comment I've got for not having a twitter account was, "no wonder you always be the last person to know about that, make a twitter account!". I hate that, make me feel I'm left behind. Well then, yes, I surrendered and got myself a blackberry and in an instant I was in the loop again.

It's ironically funny isn't it?

Anyway, I'll share you something worth the read: what this man did. Outrageous. I don't think I'd be able to do that.

Oh well I think, as much as I love to be connected to whom I love continents apart, with the technologies and applications and all those social medias are just so advance nowadays, I don't think I can ever keep up.  Not even 10km close. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting article about the guy without the Internet. I think what's annoying about technology is the obsession that you have to follow everything to stay in the loop. And lack of effort by the people who are already in the loop towards those who are not. For example, BB is not the only means of communication, but many are not willing to spend few cents to send a text message. Not too mention how some are to attached with their BB. Oh don't get me started..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep so true.. it's a hate and love thing about technologies nowadays..

      Delete